From Researching Virtual Initiatives in Education
(Redirected from Publications
These resources cover virtual schools, virtual colleges and virtual universities.
Experts in the field of Virtual campuses and Virtual schools
- Latchem, C. and Jung, I. (2010) Distance and blended learning in Asia London: Routledge, especially Chapter 5: New providers and new markets
Series of reports on eLearning initiatives
Individual reports on eLearning initiatives
elearning Project outputs
Other WIKIs of relevance
The following wikis on related topics may be of interest to the audience interested in the Re.ViCa wiki.
(Unless stated otherwise, all wikis use the same MediaWiki software that is used by Re.ViCa.)
- WikiEducator - despite its focus on OER it has several reports of value
- OLPC wiki - all about One Laptop per Child
- The EduTech wiki run by the University of Geneva has a large number of definitions of useful terms and concepts in e-learning.
- The OER wiki run by the International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) in UNESCO has useful coverage of concepts and projects in the area of Open Educational Resources.
- The ELATE wiki is a US wiki of good practices in e-learning
- The CETIS wiki is a a wiki of resources to do with interoperability and standards for e-learning, run by a programme of JISC
- The Sloan-C wiki is full of useful Effective Practices and articles (mostly from JALN)
- The SimTeach wiki covers education in Multi-User Virtual Environments - see also its interesting "subwiki" on Second Life (thanks to Stephen Downes's blog for this information)
- The Higher Education Academy Benchmarking and Pathfinder wiki has many articles of relevance to the UK e-learning situation.
- Wikipedia itself contains many articles on e-learning topics.
- The eMM wiki run by Dr Stephen Marshall of the Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand) is the repository for the evolving e-Maturity Model (eMM) methodology for benchmarking e-learning.
- Although it is a web site and blog but not actually a wiki it is worth mentioning the new EU reports on Megatrends in e-learning provision which include mini case studies on the University of Leicester, University of Ulster, Staffordshire University and Manchester Metropolitan University as well as of course the Open University and several non-UK providers.
- WikiEducator is a community resource supported by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) for the development of free educational content. Some descriptions of institutions and initiatives relevant to Re.ViCa are available, or are being developed.
In addition to these, it is known that various agencies and associations including EDUCAUSE are experimenting with wikis.
Papers people have found
- Challenges in Setting up Cross-Institutional Virtual Campuses - Educause Quaterly, Vol. 32(2), 2009. Written by Pierre-Yves Burgi
- PHEA Educational Technology Initiative - Reports on ICTs in Higher Education in: Egypt , Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda. Obtained by Paul Bacsich
- Link to summary and review of thesis  written by Albert Sangra Morer from the Open University Catalonia (UOC) which is based on an analysis of the integration of e-learning at 4 Spanish universities and an Italian one.
- L’université virtuelle britannique / The British Virtual University (FR but with English summary). Found by Paul Bacsich
- University towards e-learning: a focus on Finland, France and Italy: The ELUE project (E-Learning and University Education)'s aim is to photograph the diffusion of e-learning in the university world in Finland, France and Italy. This volume presents the results of a joint survey carried out by the Conference of Italian University Rectors (CRUI), the Conference des Presidents d’Université Française (CPU), and the Finnish Virtual University (FVU) on the universities of their respective countries. PDF, 149 pages. Found by Widad Benhabiles.
- File:Mexico ANUIESPlan2001.pdf: Masterplan of Higher Education: Open and Distance Education. Development strategy], Mexico, 2001 (PDF, 118 pages, in Spanish) - suggested by Terence Karran
- Identifying Innovation in Higher Education eLearning Strategies by James Aczel, Pascale Hardy, Olivier Cotinat, Helen Iggulden, László Komáromi, Katherine Maillet, Sara Medina, Andreas Meiszner, Eva Obermueller, Mark Spinoglio, Karen Staniland (2006). From the InnoUniLearning project. See http://kn.open.ac.uk/public/document.cfm?docid=8940 for the abstract of the PDF file. Added by Paul 23/10/08 (Rather similar to the previous paper.)
in Europe]] added by Bieke on 05/01/2009
Research on the use of ICT in education in developing countries
- The business of higher education: a study of public-private partnerships in South Africa Door Mahlubi Mabizela
Reusable Learning Content
National Digital Learning Resources, a collaborative community of Higher Education academics in Ireland, is a repository including 71 collections  of Reusable Learning Objects, relatively small content components that are meant to be reusable in different contexts.
Moodle Repositories: 
Youtube videos 
Flickr public 
Picasa web album 
URL downloader 
Amazon S3 
File system 
Legacy course files 
European Research projects on Virtual Campuses and Virtual Mobility
- Agency for Easy Access to Virtual Campus (E.A.S.Y.)
- AIESAD-EADTU Credit Transfer In Virtual and Distance Education (NetACTIVE)
- An Operational Conception of Virtual Mobility (E-move)
- Analysing and Reporting the Implementation of Electronic Learning in Europe (ARIEL)
- Citizen E
- Collaborative European Virtual University (cEVU)
- Cross Sector Virtual Mobility (CSVM)
- Developing a European e-learning Observation System (DELOS)
- Disseminating Virtual Mobility for Students and Teachers (BEING MOBILE)
- Economic filtering of knowledge (FILTER)
- Enhancing Student Mobility through Online Support (ESMOS)
- Enhancing Virtual Mobility to foster institutional cooperation and internationalisation of curricula (Movinter)
- European Mobility through Virtual Education (EUROMOVE)
- European Observatory of Emergent e-Learning (DELPHI)
- European Small and medium entreprise E-learning Network (ESEN)
- Horizontal E-Learning Integrated Observation System (HELIOS)
- Improving Continuing Education and Training through e-learning (ICETEL)
- Learning in a Virtual Integrated University (LIVIUS)
- Learning Interoperability Framework for Europe (LIFE)
- MegaTrends, Hungary
- Mobility, Assessment, Selection, Technology and E-Learning Research (MASTER)
- Model for a European Networked University for e-Learning (MENU)
- Modelling Advice and Support Services to Integrate Virtual Component in Higher Education (MASSIVE)
- Network for integrating Virtual Mobility and European Qualification Framework in HE and CE Institutions (VIRQUAL)
- Observatory on Rights Management for e-Learning in Europe (OrmeE), a.k.a. e-copyright
- Open e-Learning Content Observatory Services (OLCOS)
- Ready for Virtual Mobility (MoreVM)
- REal Virtual Erasmus (REVE)
- Reti Sociali e Promozione Della Costruzione di Conoscenze in Contesti Elearning
- Systematization, Valorisation and Dissemination of e-Learning
- Virtual and E-mobility for Networking Universities in Society (VENUS)
- VIrtual Curricula ThrOugh Reliable InterOperating University Systems (VICTORIOUS)
- Virtual Mobility Before and After Student Exchanges (VM-BASE)
European research projects on Quality in eLearning
- E-xcellence - creating a standard of excellence for e-learning
- E-quality in e-learning research Laboratoire (EQUEL
- European Quality Observatory (EQO)
- European Research Network for ICT in Schools of Tomorrow (eRNIST)
- Quality Assessment of Digital Educational Materials (QUADEM)
- Framework for e-learning Contents Evaluation (Fe-ConE)
- Improving quality of e-learning in universities (ELUE)
- La qualité de l'eLearning (QUAL-E-LEARNING)
- Supporting Excellence in eLearning (SEEL)
- Sustainable Environment for the Evaluation of Quality in eLearning (SEEQUEL)
- European University Quality in eLearning (UNIQUe)
Virtual Community for teachers and trainers
- A European Lifelong Learning System on ICT in Education for Pioneer Teachers (ULEARN)
- e-Learning Network for Teacher Training (eLene-TT)
- Training of trainers network for e-learning (e-Ttnet)
- English for Specific Purposes: Therapeutic Professions (ESP-T)
- SSIS Veneto (SSIS)
> Main Page