From Researching Virtual Initiatives in Education
The Tunisian virtual school offers to its users:
- an integrated program of virtual apprenticeship and of a distance support covering all the levels of education,
- a program to teach the Arabic language at the Tunisian community abroad through lessons of assistance and support and complementary activities to the profit of the participants in the level of basic education and secondary education.
The virtual school thus constitutes a space which aims at facilitating the exchange of educational resources, experiences and ideas through:
- the development of an integrated system of distance training,
- the supply of interactive digital components corresponding to the official programs,
- the reinforcement of the autonomy and the sense of responsibility thanks to the flexibility which characterizes the courses of distance training,
- the consolidation of the principle of the equality of chances,
- the promotion of the culture of collective and virtual apprenticeship
In addition to improving educational outcomes and the quality of teaching, the Tunisian Virtual School affirms the principle of equal opportunity as its users benefit irrespective of high quality courses and resources carefully selected. The virtual school also encourages teachers to rely on themselves and to consider ICT as a means indispensable in the knowledge society.
The TVS and similar initiatives are described in their context at http://info.worldbank.org/etools/docs/library/243152/day5TUNISIA.pdf
>> Virtual schools
>> Virtual colleges